GETTING STARTED

Getting started with my first storyline was weird. I knew how I wanted my characters to look like and I knew how I wanted the story to play out, but there was a problem. All of that was in my head. I have yet to transfer what was in my head onto paper and pen. What I did first was, look at my situation. I was alone in all of this and had no mentor. All I had was my creative ability which would have to be enough. I had to do all the writing, drawing, penciling, and inking by myself. I was the “ONE MAN” show. When I looked at what I had to work with, I figured I had everything I needed, except a printer. I had my old laptop and art supplies. I was good to go. Well, at first I wanted something easy to put my thoughts down on. It wasn’t a voice recorder, but you could certainly use one if it’s your thing. I wanted to put my thoughts using my voice and I used “Google Docs” for that. That took me about 2 months to finish my horror book. The comic book took longer. I created my characters in 1996 to present. It took me awhile to finally do something with my creations. Better late than never. Anyway, after I put my story on “Google Docs” just by using my Mobile Phone, I transferred my documents to “Microsoft Word”. From there I started to edit my work.  Using “Grammarly.com” which is a free grammar spell checker you can download from your computer, it made my job so much easier. That’s what you want people. There is no need to make this a nightmare project. End of this story is, the only problem with getting started is, not getting started. I’m an action taker. Are you? Take care guys and I hope this helps. Keep coming back to see my other posts. Next post will be about the Legal Stuff, Trademarks, Copyrights, etc. 
I've decided to self-publish my own books. I might change my mind later on and try a publishing house, but for now, I self-published at CREATE-SPACE. They are a series of short stories called, "Hidden Night Terrors". Now I'm no Goosebumps, nor I'm I trying to be. 
If there is any advice to give you it's, "Be yourself"
If you're interested in or like short horror stories, get one of mine. I'll be honored. 

The Monsters, the Atheist, and Caddo Lake are already published, but I'm making it better before I put it up for sale. The Troll of Palos Verdes is still in the works.
In the mean time, these Youtube Videos Below should help you decide which route to take. Do you want to “SELF PUBLISH” or “A PUBLISHING HOUSE”? That’s up to you. I went the self-published way because that was in my budget. Your decisions are yours to make alone. I’m not afraid of people or what they think, so I did what was best for me. You need to do what’s best for you. Cheers.




Comments